This is a list of 13 things about me that very few people know. It’s also a list of things I feel like I must admit before 2013 ends.
1. I don’t know half my Facebook friends. Like, I genuinely have never seen them before and have no idea who they are. I just add them so that they can see my page, and by extension share it with people they know.
2. I over-think. Like, ridiculously A LOT. This means that I play out conversations I expect to have, in the way I expect them to happen. I do this for every situation, even simple ones like what I’ll say to the taxi driver when I’m nearing my stop: “stopping here” or “leave me here” or “Hillside Close stop” or “stopping at Hillside Close” or other variations of that phrase. Oftentimes, thinking up these things beforehand gives me a certain feeling of angst. It’s almost like a fight or flight situation. Except it isn’t. It’s me needing to stop a freakin’ taxi at where I live.
3. I experience mild to extreme levels of angst when I have to interact with persons I don’t know or would rather not interact with. This means that I hate when I’m waiting in line and the person in front of me makes a comment about how slow the cashier is and expects me to remark. Like I freakin’ care. I also hate when strangers look at me after telling a joke or saying something they thought was funny. To me it’s equivalent to them nudging me in the side and saying repeatedly, “Funny, huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?” Nope. Not funny. I guess that’s the real introvert part of me.
4. I die whenever I see a stupid comment on Facebook, whether it’s on a status update, photo, link, whatever the heck, that is mine or a friend’s. For example, someone posts a pic and someone comments LOL. Like, wth? What the hell is funny? It’s not a funny pic! The person is just sitting there! That really irks me. To the point that I’ll either delete the person (commentor or friend on whose pic comment is made) or block them from my news feed. Same applies to reaallly bad grammar mistakes
5. I sometimes sing an entire song off-key. Super fun. Husband hates it. Best friend loves it.
6. Sometimes I spend all day in my couch, watching series and eating snacks. I think the most I’ve ever watched in one sitting is probably about 15 episodes. That’s almost 15 hours. Ugh. I hate to think of it.
7. I do VERY silly things at times, simply because I can. See pic below.
8. I freak out if I feel any form liquid dripping/splashing on me, if I don’t know the source. It’s just freaking disgusting.
9. My husband says I behave like a cat. Sometimes I like to pretend I’m a cat.
10. I think its silly to brush one’s teeth upon waking, especially if one plans to eat breakfast. Like, doesn’t that defeat the purpose of brushing your teeth? So I brush after I eat.
11. I never read a book twice. Because I never forget what happens. I used to uphold this belief for movies as well (except Horton Hears a Who, because it’s my happy movie….oh, and The Lord of the Rings) but my husband is directly opposed to that belief so….yeah.
12. I feel the same angst when I have to reply to an email or a text and I can’t think of what exactly to say without sounding too brusque, or nonchalant or whatever. So I’ll put it off until “later”. Which means I usually never respond.
13. I Google every star of every film or series I watch. And by Google I mean Wikipedia. I then check out all the other films they’ve done, to see if they’re worth watching. Then I watch them, and the cycle goes on.
Ok, this isn’t a bonus; it’s just a thought I had today. I’m actually sad that Paul Walker died. And by sad, I mean I get a few goosebumps whenever I read an article about his death. And then I realize that this is so because he was such a good looking fellow! And then, I realize that this is such a fickle world, and that I’m probably just sad because he was so good looking. Because good looking people shouldn’t die, right? And then I wonder if I’m fickle too. I hope I’m not.